Dust by Patricia Cornwell

My latest is another from the Kay Scarpetta series.  This one takes place just after the Sandyhook massacre and Kay has just returned to Boston after working in assisting with the autopsies of the children.  She is spent, exhausted and sick but alas, another seemingly impossible murder lands on her doorstep.  Compound all that with the fact that the murder is pointing towards another serial kill, and her work is cut out for her and her team.

I have to say - I do love Patricia Cornwell but I'm wondering if she isn't getting to rote, too quick in producing her novels.  She certainly is thorough in her knowledge but is it reasonable that the events that take place, do so in a matter of hours?  I'm not so sure that's realistic...even for a work of fiction.  That being said, I still thoroughly enjoyed this book and would continue to recommend the series to anyone who likes a who-done-it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment