This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper

My latest is from an author I've never read before but he is now on my list...I plan on buying and reading all his books as soon as possible.

This Is Where I Leave You is the 5th novel for Jonathan Tropper. The main character - Judd Foxman - has just lost his father, he just found out his wife has been sleeping with his boss for the last year and she's just delivered the news that she's pregnant.  If that isn't enough, his atheist father made a last wish on his death bed that he would like his family to sit Shiva. This could prove bad for all involved considering his 1 sister and 2 brothers (along with his mother) haven't been in the same room without fists and insults flying in years.  What ensues is a week of shocking revelations and the beginning of a new life for some.

I mean, I haven't laughed so hard while reading a book in a long time.  I wish I were as clever with my writing as Jonathan Tropper. In fact, I wish I were as witty with my insults and sarcasm as well.  Of course if I let those fly to my own family they would disown me. But for the Foxman family - it comes from love and an fear/inability to effectively display their emotions.  So funny...you MUST read!

No comments:

Post a Comment